Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Colour Block


These are my final 6 images for CI Colour Block. I really liked this assignment, it has actually inspired me to make and put up a colour wheel of my images that I took for this assignment. I love how cold the blue image feels. I took so many pictures for each colour to figure out which best fits the feeling I get when looking at the colour. I think the green one worked out super good, because it's very natural looking. Which is what I think of when looking or thinking of the colour green. I also like that it's sharp cause when I think of green I don't really think of soft things. I love my pink one because it's so vibrant and bright. I love how the colour radiates out in the image. I also like that it's all rough but still smooth looking because when I think of pink I think of girlie things and not hard, pointy things. I love how my Orange image looks kind of like fire. I definitely feel warm when I look at the picture.
Looking at the photo of the similar colours I really feel warm and cozy. Like I'm sitting by a nice warm fire. I found when I was shooting the images, the yellow was really over powering. So I put the yellow in the background and brought the darker colours forward and put more of the red in the image. I love the way it turned out.
For the complimentary colours I shot so many picture for. I shot so many different combinations of colours. I ended up choosing this one, because it was the one that stood out the most to me. I found it hardest to find blue and orange images so I really wanted to use that one. I also liked the way the cold, hard thing in the image, is a warm colour and the soft background is the really cold colour. I like that they seem almost reversed in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment