Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lake of the Woods Boat Ride

Yesterday my family decided to go on a boat ride down the lake. We first went to Smith's Camp for lunch. Yum Yum. Then we headed out to a couple boat lifts. The one at blindfold lake (at the bottom of Rushing River, was completely flooded. We couldn't get anywhere near it cause of the waterfall rushing across the road and down the lift. So we carried on. I took my T70 with me and was planning around with some film, which was fun. At one point we ended up by Scotty's Island and found a Nesting Ground for Cormorants and Gulls. There were 3 little islands that were just covered with nests. It was amazing. It felt like I was in the Galapagos. One island had a huge cliff that was just covered in nests! The other 2 islands were flat with basically no vegetation. If you ever hated Gulls, you won't once you see what they look like when they are babies. They are big balls of fluff. Super Cute and hilarious to watch! There were also baby Cormorants in most of the nests which was very cute. Photographing them was a bit of a challenge cause I was in a boat, that was moving constantly. And I was Manually focusing, because I had my 2x teleconverter on. I can focus really fast now.haha

Here's a few pictures from the day yesterday.





1 comment:

  1. You should get a teleconverter with autofocus, like I have. =P

    Very nice shots by the way!

    ReplyDelete