Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Winter Storm at the Cabin

Well this was a fun experience! My dad and I got the Kenora just as it started to snow and the wind picked up. We loaded up our boat (our cabin is on an island) and were about to head off...but, our boat didn't start. So we had to call my Grandparents and my gramma came and picked us up in their little boat. By this time the storm had gotten much worse! We headed out to the cabin and some of the waves were 2 meters high, huge! It was the absolute most terrifying boat ride of my life. Even my dad said, after, he was scared. Anyways, our cabin was freezing, seeing as it's not insulated. So I spent the night in my grandparents cabin. I went for a couple 2-3hour hikes looking for the deer and foxes and whatever else I could find. The storm was still really bad when I was out but it made for some pretty cool pictures!
There's supposed to be mainland behind that little island!

No comments:

Post a Comment