Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Bear

     Yesterday, I found out that there was a bear in the trap down at the beach. I instantly grabbed my camera and ran down to take pictures.  I only snapped a couple because the grate was very thick on the cage.  Later that day we received a phone call from the Ministry of Natural resources thanking us for calling and reporting the bear in the trap. They continued to inform us that the bear in the trap was Our Bear, the one that had been living under our cabin. And the man guaranteed us that the bear would not be returning. Unfortunately we knew what that meant. They had put the bear down.  I'm pretty sad about it, but I do know the guys from the Ministry didn't want to put the bear down either but they knew they had to  to keep everybody on the island safe.  


This will be the last time I ever get to see My Bear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment