Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hike



Yesterday I went for a hike down the island. Wanted to see some of the island that I hadn't hiked to before. Went to the other side of the island and hiked along to the west.  Found a Muskie Skull on the shore which was very cool. I've never seen teeth that big in a fish before.  I kept hearing rustling in the bush for awhile before finding the skull and I kept expecting to see deer but never did. After photographing the skull I continued on to the next cabin, still hearing the rustling in the bush. Once I came around the cabin I looked over and realized the rustling I had been hearing was that of a huge bear. It had been stalking me for at least half an hour and must have been sitting behind me in the bush watching me as I photographed the fish.  The bear was much too close for comfort so I ran up on the deck of the cabin and pushed the Barbecue across the stairs and hid there till my Grandparents finally came and got me.  There was no way I was going to hike back over an hour with that bear around me. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the bear. I was much to terrified. 






No comments:

Post a Comment