Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kenora to Redditt and Beyond

Today I went for a nice long drive and explored north of Kenora up highway 658. It took me all the way to Redditt and then I carried on from there. It was an amazingly beautiful drive! Tons of lakes and wildlife.  I came across a Fox walking the railroad in Redditt.  After that I found a couple dead moose by the road, where there were tons of eagles and vultures at each. That was neat, but sad. The kills were very fresh, still puddles of blood all over. There was a bear at one of the moose, which I scared off by opening my car door. After seeing the dead moose I carried on and found a bear running down the road.  After that I didn't see too much more wildlife, other than a grouse. Every person I saw out there was a hunter so they must have been scaring off all my photo ops! I came across a really neat bridge randomly which went across a beautiful lake. I wish I could have stayed out longer and continued on but the light and my gas tank limited me. 







































































































The washed out section of the road followed by a land slide portion. 




1 comment: