Monday, September 27, 2010

Vancouver Day 2

Today I got up and headed out to West Vancouver. I went over the giant Lions Gate Bridge which was pretty awesome.  I tried to find Lighthouse Park, but missed the turn and ended up at Whytecliff Park. There was a scuba diving convention going on in the park which was neat, hundreds of people in scuba gear walking around. I then went from there to Horseshoe Bay where I ate lunch.  After wandering around there for awhile I headed back in search of Lighthouse Park. I again missed the turn and had to turn around and I just about passed it again. The main road I had been driving all day called Marine Drive, had many waterfalls flowing beside it, which were Salmon and Trout Habitats.  After finally finding Lighthouse Park I hiked many of the trails for hours. It was amazing! It was so humid in one part of the Rainforest, you could see your breath. I went down to the West Beach and found the most beautiful view of the lighthouse and ocean. I couldn't believe I was the only person around enjoying it. I was there for quite a while. Eventually more people showed up and a women actually went for a swim in the ocean. Once she was in a HUGE Sea Lion appeared and started chasing her. Her friend on shore was screaming at her to get out of the water. It was pretty entertaining, and the Sea Lion was awesome to see. Unfortunately I didn't have the right lens on to get a good shot of it and it disappeared pretty fast after the women was out of the water. After that excitement I headed down the Seven Sister Trail, which was all uphill, up the side of the cliff. I was pretty exhausted at that point and not being used to the humidity was killer.  Near the end of the trail I came upon an adorable little Owl! He let me get quite close. It was amazing! All in all I have to say it was a pretty amazing day and I have to say that is the most beautiful spot I've ever been to in Canada. 






































































No comments:

Post a Comment