Monday, September 14, 2009

My Experience

Hi,
My favorite photography genre would have to be wildlife and nature photography. I also like to do portraits, not in a studio but out on the street. I hope to really learn the business of photography so that I have the confidence to go out and sell my work and sell myself as a photographer. There are plenty of other things that I would love to learn, such as studio lighting, and wedding photography. I have so many really great memories related to photography. My first memory that I have from when I was 10 years old. I went on a road trip from Winnipeg to Toronto with my Mom, Brother and Papa. We drove across a long bridge and we got to the one side and it was really foggy. The bridge seemed to vanish into nothingness. I had a little Crayola camera and I took a bunch of pictures of the bridge and was so proud of myself! When I got home from trip and developed my film there were no photos on the roll. I was so disappointed. So that is my first photography related memory. One of my best photography memories is, I went to the mountains to work on my photography and there was a spot where there were these mountain goats. When I got there, the goats were at the very bottom of the cliffs, down by the river. I climbed over a fence with my camera gear and sat at the top of the crumbling cliffs and waited for at least an hour. Slowly the goats worked there way all the way up the cliffs and eventually were standing right beside me. I got some of my favorite shots ever there! It was awesome!!
Patience definitely pays off!!

4 comments:

  1. Hello. You are to my left. Hope to have a good school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was a test with Gabrielle. (It doesn't count.)
    I can identify with your comments regarding having the patience to wait for the shot. Most people don't understand, and just fire away.
    I like your photo of the small plant trying to "escape" from the rusted grate. Nice observation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that image as well. You gave that plant a reason to grow and the colours are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete