Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2391.6 KM

On thursday I left from Winnipeg and started my drive to Squamish, BC.  That day I drove from Winnipeg to Regina.  It was a fairly dull drive. All prairies.  Stayed in Regina for the night then headed out friday to Calgary.  Again the drive was pretty much prairies, but there were nice gentle rolling hills.  I stayed in Calgary for the night. Early the next morning I headed out. Making it just past the city when the sun was rising. Made all the colours really pop and added a nice orange hue to the mountains in the distance. I reached the mountains within probably an hour of leaving Calgary. That was amazing! It made for an interesting drive and definitely one that I'm not used to at all. It was very exhilarating driving on the side of the mountains. Often not having guard rails on turns. I drove to Revelstoke, BC that day. It started to rain in the mountains which ruined a lot of opportunities for amazing scenery and photos.  When I left Revelstoke, it was the same, pouring and foggy. I tried to stop and take pictures when I could, but it wasn't much fun getting soaked. Luckily the rain let up before reaching Kamloops. So I was able to see some of that tureen, which was totally different from what I expected. I then drove the Coquihalla. A huge, fast, high, winding highway.  It was very neat. Lots of very different things to see. Again it was raining most of the time and driving so fast made it difficult to stop.  I was originally planning to spend the night in Chilliwack. Which is about an hour from Vancouver. But I wasn't feeling that tired so I carried on to Coquitlam. Luckily I have a friend that lives there so she was able to give me a bed for the night. The next morning I got up and headed out to Squamish. Pouring out so couldn't see anything, but it was still a nice drive. Got to the house and unpacked, then was taken out on a tour of the city a bit. Ended it with a dinner of perogies  and sausages yum!































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment