Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend 1

Yesterday, I got down to the cabin early afternoon and it was a perfect day.  Went for a walk with my friend and his dog. Then went for a nice long kayak.  While I was getting ready to go for my kayak I noticed an animal swim out from the beach just over from us. I ran down to get ready fast and snapped a couple photos of it swimming. I assumed it was a beaver. By the time I got my kayak in the water and off, the creature had turned back to shore. I paddled over to it, to snap some photos of it up on land. That's when I noticed the animal wasn't a beaver, but an adorable little rabbit.  It was curled up in a ball on shore shivering. I pulled my kayak up beside it and got out and I could have picked up the little guy,  he let me get so close.  After taking lots of photos I left the bunny alone and headed out to the swamp and creak. Lots of birds and wildlife around.  After my kayak I was back at the cabin and the deer showed up along with the whiskey jacks.  It's so quite a beautiful  out here right now. And the wildlife are everywhere!!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment