Friday, October 1, 2010

Vancouver Day 4

When I woke up I looked out the window and saw almost a perfect blue sky.  I decided that I better get my butt in gear and head up Grouse Mountain to try and get some photos of the city from 1100 meters up. Once up the mountain there were a few clouds so it was a little difficult to get any photos from there of the city. I did, however, find 2 Grizzly bears that were orphaned 9 years ago and had been taken in by the park. Unfortunately they were both sleeping so I couldn't get any really great photos of the 2.  There was also a lumberjack demonstration that I watched. Turned out that one of the men in it was Wade Stewart, 7 time world record holder. I was pretty excited to watch him and meet him.  After all this I headed down the mountain and it was a clear view from the gondola so I snapped some photos of the city from there. After that I headed to Capilano. There was a fish hatchery there which was neat and there were salmon and other fish jumping up the falls. From there I headed back to Lynn Valley to go to the 30 Foot Pool. It was pretty gorgeous. The colour of the water was amazing! It was a great way to end the day. 

































































No comments:

Post a Comment